Chief of Military Personnel
On behalf of the Chief of Defence Staff, the Chief of Military Personnel (CMP) provides functional direction/guidance to the Canadian Forces on all military personnel management matters, monitors compliance with Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) personnel management policies, and is accountable for the effective management of the CAF Personnel System.
The CMP is responsible for the development of strategies, policies and programs that foster and maintain the profession of arms as an honourable and desirable career.
The CMP has five strategic pillars that form the basis for the development and execution of CAF personnel management to ensure the availability of the right person at the right time and at the right place.
The CMP's current priorities are to:
- To provide Defence Team members of Military Personnel Command with a healthy work environment built on trust and respect for each individual, where everyone is afforded the opportunity to reach their optimal potential;
- To maintain a responsive and flexible personnel generation system through research-based planning, innovative attraction, representative selection, and challenging professional development to produce tomorrow’s warriors and leaders;
- To care for our personnel and their families, in collaboration with our partners and stakeholders, by providing the programs, services and support they need to afford them a rewarding and fulfilling career and assist their transition from military service;
- To recognize the service and sacrifices of all by providing the spectrum of care that is compassionate, agile, and responsive to their needs while responding to those of the Canadian Armed Forces; and
- To enhance the resiliency and well-being of military personnel and families with mission support capabilities by training, equipping and organizing Medical, Dental, Chaplaincy and Personnel Support services.
- Date modified: