Senior Associate Deputy Minister
The Senior Associate Deputy Minister (Sr Assoc DM) is a senior civil servant assigned to the Department of National Defence. The Governor-in-Council (the Cabinet) may appoint not more than three Associate Deputy Ministers of National Defence, each of whom shall have the rank and status of a deputy head of a department and as such shall, under the Minister and the Deputy Minister (DM), exercise and perform such powers, duties and functions as deputy of the Minister and otherwise as the Minister may specify.
The Sr Assoc DM supports the DM in the execution of his responsibilities, and attends to those files and portfolios as directed by the DM. In the absence of the DM, the Sr Assoc DM performs the powers, duties and functions of the DM.
Mr. Jones holds both a Bachelor and Masters of Arts in Economics from the University of Guelph.
- July 2014 to Present: Senior Associate Deputy Minister, National Defence
- October 2011 to July 2014: Deputy Commissioner of Revenue, Canada Revenue Agency
- 2009 – 2011: Assistant Deputy Minister, Pensions and Benefits, Treasury Board Secretariat
- 1999 – 2008: Vice-President, Corporate and Financial Services and Chief Financial Officer, Saskatchewan Power Corporation
- 1995 – 1999: Deputy Minister of Finance and Secretary to Treasury Board, Government of Saskatchewan
- 1987 – 1995: Assistant Deputy Minister of Finance and then Senior Associate Deputy Minister of Finance, Treasury and Debt Management Division, Government of Saskatchewan
- Date modified: