You can vote by mail

Alternate Formats

For civilian family members living abroad

Are you the spouse, son or daughter of a Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) member?

Do you live abroad?

Register now to vote by mail

If you're a Canadian citizen living abroad, aged 18 or older, you can apply now to be added to the International Register of Electors and vote by mail in future elections.

When an election is called, we'll mail you a special ballot voting kit.


Information: Voting in CAF units

Voting at polling places in CAF units is restricted to CAF members and civilians employed outside Canada as teachers or administrative support staff at a CAF school.

Information: Coordinates

Go to Elections Canada for an application and more information.

Contact Us

Write us an e-mail


  • 1-866-222-2565 toll-free in Canada and the USA
  • 001-800-514-6868 toll-free in Mexico
  • 613-949-7502 collect from anywhere in the world
  • TTY 1-800-361-8935 toll-free in Canada and the USA (for people who are deaf or hard of hearing)

Elections Canada
EC 78011 (06/2014)

Date modified: