Defence Renewal Plan Summary
Defence Renewal is an organization-wide, multi-year effort to transform the major business processes of the Department of National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces. This includes focusing Defence’s programs and services, streamlining internal operations, increasing efficiency and effectiveness, and transforming the way in which the Department of National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces achieve better results for Canadians.
To guide Defence Renewal over the coming years, a Defence Renewal Charter and Defence Renewal Plan have been developed to provide the Defence Team with a roadmap for moving forward.
The Defence Renewal Charter provides the strategic overview of our roadmap, while the Defence Renewal Plan acts as an initial guide for executing Renewal initiatives.
The Defence Renewal Plan outlines a common set of actions, activities, roles and responsibilities for the entire Defence Team.
A Plan for Action
The Defence Renewal Plan supports the Defence Renewal Charter. The two documents work in concert.
Together, these documents will ensure that renewal:
- Is guided by a common plan;
- Has unity of purpose and effort;
- Is coordinated, integrated and resourced; and
- Roles and responsibilities are clearly defined.
The Defence Renewal Plan is a comprehensive document which outlines a common set of detailed actions, activities, roles and responsibilities that will serve as the first step in making transformative changes.
Categories and Themes for Successful Renewal
Both the Charter and Plan contain two categories:
- Performance; and
- Organizational Practices.
Each of these categories contains sub-themes:
- Performance – Creating opportunities for reinvestment into military operational capabilities. Six major themes make up the Performance category, with 22 separate initiatives stemming from the themes.
- Organizational Practices – Strengthening our ability to implement, embrace and sustain improvements to performance over the long term. Three major themes make up the Organizational Practices category, with eight separate initiatives falling under the themes.
A Five-Year Plan
The Defence Renewal Charter and its supporting Plan will be in effect for a five-year period, from 2013 to 2018 with periodic updates.
Over the long term, continuous improvement will become a permanent feature of Defence’s business culture and processes.
Copies of the Defence Renewal Plan are available on request.
For media: If you would like a copy of the Defence Renewal Plan, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All other requests: If you would like a copy of Defence Renewal Plan, please e-mail us at: email@example.com
- Date modified: