Services provided by CFSU(O)
Military Police Unit Ottawa
The Military Police Unit Ottawa provides security, policing, custodial and training support to the Canadian Forces and the Department of National Defence, in accordance with Federal and Provincial Law and CF regulations.
- Police Platoon
- Security Platoon
- Firearms Registration
- Pass Control
- Military Police Detachment: 613-995-0123 or 613-995-0124 (These numbers are available 24/7/365).
Canadian Forces Support Unit Ottawa Chaplain Services is dedicated to the provision of spiritual, religious, moral and ethical support to Canadian Forces personnel and their families within the National Capital Region (NCR), irrespective of religious belief or practice.
- Telephone: 613-998-3246
- Email: email@example.com
Mail: Chaplain Services, Uplands Building 469, 101 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa ON K1A 0K2.
The Military Chapel is located at 337 Breadner Blvd, corner of Deniverville Pvt. and Breadner Blvd.
Please note that NDHQ library services are not open to the general public.
For members of the Canadian Forces posted to the National Capital Region and Public Servants working for the Department of National Defence within the NCR, please refer to the Defence Information Network for a list of services.
Library staff to make an appointment:
- Tel: 613-996-0843
- Email: LibraryNDHQ@forces.gc.ca
The Comptroller and Corporate Services Branch is located on the 5th floor, in the MGen George R. Pearkes Building. The Comptroller is comprised of two main sections, Comptroller Management and cashier. Comptroller Management's key responsibilities include the day to day management of the CFSU(Ottawa) budget, FMAS training, organization and establishment.
Comptroller Management provides numerous financial services on behalf of the Commandant CFSU(Ottawa). Specific services include organization and establishment, write-offs, Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), coordination of the CFSU(Ottawa) Business Plan, provide FMAS training, accounts payable and receivable, liaise between CFSU(Ottawa) and PWGSC on financial matters and act as unit coordinator for the Universal Classification Standard (UCS).
The CFSU Ottawa Cashier is located in the Mgen George R. Pearkes Building. The hours of operation are from 0730 to 1400 hrs, Monday to Friday. To obtain service or more information on the cashier, please contact the Reception Desk at 613-996-1044. Silent hours, weekends and statutory holidays, contact the CFSU(O) Duty Clerck at 613-698-5418 to reach the Duty Cashier for emergency financial services.
The Central Band of the Canadian Armed Forces
The Central Band of the Canadian Armed Forces, under the direction of Captain John Fullerton, is one of six full-time Regular Force military bands in the Canadian Armed Forces. The band provides professional music support for a large number of Canadian Armed Forces, Department of National Defence and Government of Canada events throughout the National Capital Region. Dressed in the uniform of the Royal Canadian Air Force, this unit supports all elements of the Canadian Armed Forces. The Central Band is the primary music support unit to Canadian Forces Support Unit (Ottawa). Ensembles routinely generated from within the Central Band include:
- Concert Band: a large, 41-piece, full concert ensemble;
- Parade Band: a military marching band for military ceremonies, tattoos and public parades;
- Rotorhead: a contemporary rock band for show tours and staged events;
- Ambassadors Big Band: an 18-piece Swing era style jazz band;
- Griffon 10 Piece Mess Dinner Band: a compressed concert band for traditional mess dinners
- Jazz Combo: a small jazz ensemble for more intimate dinners and receptions;
- String Ensemble: a string quintet including piano featuring a more classically oriented sound;
- Spitfire Brass Quintet;
- Lancaster Brass Quintet;
- Chinook Woodwind Quintet
- Cormorant Chamber Trio: for more intimate settings
Central Band of the Canadian Armed Forces Command Team:
- Commanding Officer and Director of Music: Captain John Fullerton, CD
- Band Senior Warrant Officer: Master Warrant Officer Lisa Paquette, CD
For booking inquiries contact Warrant Officer Operations:
Tel: (613) 266-2340
Royal Canadian Air Force Pipes and Drums
The Royal Canadian Air Force Pipes and Drums is Regular Force volunteer support band. The Band has approximately forty members, all of whom are volunteers, drawn from all walks of military and civilian life.
The RCAF Pipes and Drums are available in varying levels of support. From a full parade band, a mini-band, drum line, or solo pipers, our primary mission is to provide musical support to the NCR and surrounding region.
We are also always looking for interested volunteers who would like to join our Band. All levels are welcome and instruction is provided.
All inquiries can be sent to:
- Email: CentralBandBooking-MusiqueCentrale@forces.gc.ca
- Tel: 613-266-2340
The mission of the CFSU(Ottawa) Operations Branch is to provide coordination of services related to Operations, Photo Section services, Military Police services and Training Support at Connaught Range and Primary Training Centre for the Canadian Forces serving in the NCR.
- Operations Center
- Coordination of ops and local incremental taskings, Auxiliary Security Force
- Coordination and assignment of Photo Section resources
- Coordination requirements related to physical and information security and emergency preparedness
Connaught Range and Primary Training Centrer (CRPTC)
The CRPTC provides infrastructure and training support for Canadian Forces and cadet agencies in the National Capital Region and for specified national activities.
To provide infrastructure and training resources to CF units in the NCR, Cadet agencies and other specified national activities.
Infrastructure and Training Resources to CF Units in the NCR:
Connaught Ranges provides feeding for a wide range of customers requiring meals on-site in the dining facilities or off-site dispersed (IE box lunches/hay boxes). It is requested that normal training/events be requested through Range Control within 10 working days; minor adjustments (numbers of people) will be accepted within 5 working days ( Monday to Friday ). The Connaught kitchen works on a JIT (Just in Time delivery) system for staffing & food preparation. Emergency food requests are handled immediately within the capabilities of the kitchen facility.
Requests For Special Functions
Christmas dinners, luncheons, BBQ's etc require a minimum of 10 working days and are financially recovered fully as per the local market economy.
To reserve any of Connaught's facilities call Range Control at:
CRPTC Bookings please call the Training Instructor at 613-991-1934.
To provide quality, cost effective, and timely Technical Services support to DND units and NCR personnel in the areas of ground transportation, material traffic and electrical mechanical engineering.
To be recognized and respected within the NCR for excellence in transportation, maintenance, supply and ammo management.
- Chief Clerk at 613-998-9486
CFSU(O) Clothing Stores
Clothing Stores is located on the west side of the basement of the National Printing Bureau at:
45 Sacré-Coeur Blvd in Gatineau.
Hours of Operation
(for the Office, Clothing Counter, Warehouse and Tailor Shop)
- Monday-Tuesday-Thursday-Friday: 0800hrs - 1400hrs*
*Doors will be locked at 13h55 in order to process the remaining personnel (already at the Clothing Counter)
- Wednesday: Appointments Only (ie. last-minute deployment kitting)
- In support of the reserve personnel only, we are also open Tuesday evenings from 1600 hrs until 2000 hrs from September to April only.
- After hours contact for urgent requirement : Duty Supply Tech: 613-614-8547.
Appointments are required for members releasing from the CF as well as all issues, returns and/or exchanges of clothing and/or equipment consisting of 10 or more items.
Less than 10 items no appointment is required.
Appointments may be scheduled by email
For any emergencies during normal working hours, please contact: I/C Front Counter at 819-939-9555. (After normal working hours or for urgent requirements call 613-614-8547.)
Personnel Development (PDev) Ottawa
To enhance organizational efficiency of units and formations, and psychological well being of members by responding to developmental and adaptational needs.
- Counselling and Assessment: with respect to occupation transfer and/or commissioning programs;
- Second Career Assistance: SCAN Seminars, Second Career Preparation Briefings, résumé reviewing/critiquing, and maintenance of useful resources;
- Provision of information and administrative services related to Education and Reimbursement.
- Tel: 613-995-8334
- Email: Pdevfirstname.lastname@example.org
Personnel Support Programs (PSP)
PSP offers current information intended for you and your family while living in the National Capital Region, including programs, services and community events offered by PSP Ottawa.
- Date modified: