Contact us

Information: We are in the process of moving our services and information to

The Contact us section has moved. Our current webpage will remain available until the move to is complete. Visit our new location for the latest information. Please be sure to update your bookmarks.

Please consult the subjects below to find the contact information you are looking for. You may also consult our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please send us an email. You can also call the Public Inquiries Desk at 1-888-995-2534. Emails and voice messages are normally returned within one business day.

Become a Cadet

What if you were told that there was a dynamic, structured youth program that offered Canadian youth a variety of interesting and challenging activities?

What if you were told that this same program developed in youth an increased level of self-confidence, self-esteem and self-awareness?

Cadets are motivated to improve their physical fitness, to work harder at their academic studies and to give back to their communities through volunteerism and citizenship activities.

Please visit the Become a Cadet webpage to find a cadet corps or squadron near you and get details on how to apply.

Canadian Armed Forces jobs

Explore jobs with the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF), find out about career options, pay, and benefits.

Find a recruiter in your area who can answer your questions about working in the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF).

Contact the Canadian Forces Recruiting Group:

Other usefull links:

The Reserve force:

Defence Learning Network (DLN)

To access the DLN:

For technical inquiries related to the DLN, please contact the DLN Helpdesk

Department of National Defence Civilian Careers

For inquiries about civilian careers at Department of National please visit GC Jobs.

History, Heritage and Recognition

The Directorate of History and Heritage (DHH) can help you with your questions or requests pertaining to operations database, dress and ceremonial, casualty identification, CF Museums and Music and other heritage-related questions. Please visit DHH's webpage for further details and submit an online request through their Contact us link.

To get in touch with a Canadian Armed Forces Museum, please consult our DHH Museum Directory

The Directorate of Honours and Recognition (DH&R) is the military secretariat for individual and collective honours and awards (less Canadian Battle Honours and Honorary Distinctions), and provides for the development of Canadian Forces honours policy.

Your comments are important to us and we will address your concerns as quickly as possible.

The fastest way for us to do so is to help you find the information already available on-line. We invite you to start by reading the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), where many of your questions may already have been answered.

Still need more information? Please use one of the methods listed below to ensure your enquiry is directed to the appropriate office.

Note that any personal information you send us is protected under the Privacy Act.

For questions regarding the content displayed on this Web Site:

Contact Information

  • By Mail:
    • Directorate - Honours and Recognition (DH&R)
      National Defence Headquarters
      Major-General George R. Pearkes Building
      101 Colonel By Drive
      Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
      K1A 0K2
  • Toll Free:
    • 1-877-741-8332
  • By Fax:
    • 613-990-4390
    • Note: Please do not fax new inquiries.
Government of Canada Employee Directory
Military Service Identification Card

If you are a retired member of the military (Regular or Reserve) and wish to obtain an identification card showing your military service in the Canadian Forces, the only card available is the CF One identification card. This card is provided by the Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services (CFMWS). Please visit the CFMWS website to apply for a card and read about the benefits it provides. In order to apply, you will need a proof of service.

This card is also available to any member of the military community. See the CFMWS website for further details.

Release Benefits Administration

Questions about military pay after release, payment of Canadian Forces' Severance Pay (CFSP), T4’s and Relevé 1s, certificates of Service, changes of address and other issues after release may be sent to the Release Benefits Administration office via e-mail at:


Please include the following information in the subject line of your e-mail:

  • Component - Reg Force or Res Force
  • Service Number, Surname and Initials
  • Reason (e.g.: Status of Severance, T4, Address Change, etc.)

Example: Reg Force – D11 222 333 Cpl Smith JJ – change of address

Your email should provide as many details as possible, including a daytime telephone number, so that we can respond to your request as soon as possible.

You can also contact us by mail at:

Release Benefits Administration (RBA)
National Defence Headquarters
101 Colonel By Dr
Ottawa ON  K1A 0K2

Casualty Support Management

To obtain information, visit your local Integrated Personnel Support Centre (IPSC) or contact a representative Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time. Our service standard is same day or next business day. All calls are confidential.

  • Phone
    • Canada wide toll free: 1-800-883-6094
    • National Capital Region: 613-995-1457
    • Worldwide via the Military network: CSN 995-1457
    • TTY/TDD: 1-800-467-9877
  • Email
Compensation and Benefits

Compensation-related inquiries for Department of National Defence employees.

Disability and Death Benefits

To obtain information, visit your local Integrated Personnel Support Centre (IPSC) or contact a representative Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time. Our service standard is same day or next business day. All calls are confidential.

  • Phone
    • Canada wide toll free: 1-800-883-6094
    • National Capital Region: 613-995-1457
    • Worldwide via the Military network: CSN 995-1457
    • TTY/TDD: 1-800-467-9877
  • Email
Employee Assistance Program

DND’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides confidential, voluntary and neutral support to civilian employees and their eligible family members who are experiencing personal or professional difficulties that may have an adverse effect on their personal well-being and/or work performance.

To obtain additional information on the services available through DND EAP, you may contact the Corporate EAP Office.

If you need immediate assistance, the Health Canada Employee Assistance Services (HC-EAS) provide 24/7 access to mental health professionals that can be reached at:

  • 1-800-268-7708
  • 1-800-567-5803 (for the hearing impaired)
Financial products and services to Canada’s military community (SISIP Financial)
  • For inquiries on financial products and services to both serving and released members of the Canadian Armed Forces and their families please call 1-800-267-6681 or visit SISIP Financial.

    Call (toll free):
    1-800-267-6681 or
  • Submit your inquiry online.


  • Bagotville: 418-677-3333
  • Borden: 705-424-2262
  • Cold Lake: 780-594-4562
  • Comox: 250-339-5942
  • Edmonton: 780-973-3130
  • Esquimalt: 250-363-3301
  • Gagetown: 506-357-3666
  • Greenwood: 902-765-6714
  • Halifax: 902-425-6926
  • Kingston: 613-547-1172
  • Ottawa: 613-233-2177
  • Petawawa: 613-687-0025
  • Shilo: 204-765-7120
  • St-Jean: 450-357-9595 or toll free 1-866-9595
  • St. John’s: 709-570-8480
  • Trenton: 613-965-4823
  • Valcartier: 418-844-0111 or toll free 1-866-844-0111
  • Winnipeg: 204-984-3222
Government of Canada pension centre – Canadian Armed Forces pensions

We invite you to contact us using your preferred means of communication, as follows:

Active, retired member and survivor


  • Toll free: 1-800-267-0325
    Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (your local time)
  • Outside Canada and the United States: 613-946-1093 (collect calls accepted)
    Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Eastern time), excluding Statutory holidays
  • Telephone teletype (TTY): 1-855-255-9935 (collect calls accepted)
    Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Eastern time), excluding Statutory Holidays
  • Facsimile 418-566-2865

Note: Always include your pension number or service number when providing information by facsimile.

On-line or by email

In writing

Public Services and Procurement Canada
Government of Canada Pension Centre
Mail Facility PO Box 9500
Matane, Quebec  G4W 0H3

Note: Always include your pension number or service number when writing.

Information on the Client concern escalation process.

Privacy notice statement

Provision of the information is on a voluntary basis. We will use the information for the purpose of responding to your questions/comments, and to improve our Internet presence.

The information will be held in Public Works and Government Services Canada's Personal Information Bank number PWGSC PPU 115 (Internet Services), and retained according to the retention and disposal schedule established for this bank.

Your personal information is protected under the provisions of the Privacy Act. Under the Act, you have the right to request access to and correction of your personal information, if erroneous or incomplete.For more information about your rights, see Info Source. Info Source is a Government of Canada publication available in major libraries, at government information offices and from constituency offices of federal Members of Parliament.

Military service files

Library and Archives Canada (LAC) is responsible for holding the service records of Regular Force members who released before January 1998 and Reserve Force members who released before January 2007. They’re also responsible for the medical and dental records of Canadian Armed Forces members released more than 5 years ago or who died in service more than 5 years ago.

To obtain these records, please contact LAC directly by:

Library and Archives Canada
Client Services Division
395 Wellington St
Ottawa ON  K1A 0N4

Telephone: 1-866-578-7777


The Department of National Defence (DND) is responsible for holding the following service records:

  • Regular Force members who are currently serving, were released from service or who died in service as of January 1, 1998
  • Reserve Force members who are currently serving, were released from service or who died in service as of March 1, 2008

To obtain these records, please submit an Access to Information request online or by mail to:

Director Access to Information and Privacy
National Defence Headquarters
Major-general George R. Pearkes Bldg
101 Colonel By Dr
Ottawa ON  K1A 0K2  


Occupational Health and Safety

Inquiries on Occupational Health and Safety within the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Forces.

Public Service and Military

Services and information

You will find information on several topics, including: Pay, pension and benefits, services and benefits for the military, finding a job, public service staffing and many other subjects.

Public Service Health Care Plan – Sunlife (civilians and veterans)

For inquiries on the Public Service Health Care Plan, which serves all Canadian Armed Forces pensioners, military members and civilians, administered by Sunlife:

  • Call (toll free): 1-888-757-7427 or
  • Email
Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP)
Bases, Wings and Support units

To contact a Canadian Forces Base, Wing or support unit please visit this page

Buying and Selling

Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) procures goods and services on behalf of departments and agencies at the best value for Canadians.

Procurements range from office supplies to military ships to security systems and everything in between.

Consult PWGSC's Buying and Selling webpage for details.

Canadian Forces Military Police Group

For Canadian Forces Provost Marshal and Canadian Forces Military Police Group inquiries:

Chaplaincy and Spiritual Wellness
Crown copyright permission

To apply for Crown copyright permission to publish or alter Crown Copyright works of the Department of National Defence please complete the online form.

Harmful and inappropriate sexual behavior
Health Services – CAF medical and dental centres across Canada

Access information about health services including medical care, mental health support, dental, prescriptions and physiotherapy for Canadian Armed Forces members.

Media Queries

For representatives of the media officially employed as reporters and duly commissioned by a recognized media organization, submit your query to the Media Liaison Office (MLO):

Additional Media Contacts

Media may also consult the following lists to contact the appropriate local public affairs officers.

Minister of National Defence

House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A6 
Telephone: 613-996-3100 
Fax: 613-995-8189
Email: Minister of National Defence

Ombudsman for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Forces

The Ombudsman investigates complaints from the Defence community and serves as a neutral third party on matters related to the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces. He reports directly to the Minister of National Defence. Its role is to help individuals access existing channels of assistance or redress when they have a complaint or concern. It may also investigate and report publicly on matters affecting the welfare of military members and employees of the Department and others falling within his jurisdiction.

Ombudsman – Veterans Affairs Canada

If you are a serving CAF member, RCMP member, Veteran, family member or representative and you feel you have been treated unfairly by Veterans Affairs Canada, or you would like information about programs and services that may help, the Office of the Veterans Ombudsman is here to help.

Operator – Department of National Defence

Call: 613-992-4581 or 613-992-4582

Royal Canadian Legion

Your Royal Canadian Legion is committed to making a difference in the lives of Veterans and their families, providing essential services in our communities, and remembering the men and women who sacrificed for our country.

Unexploded Explosive Ordnance (UXO)

To find out what UXO is, where it may be located, and what to do if you encounter it.
How we protect Canadians from UXO.
Educational material for teachers and students.
Please visit: Unexploded Explosive Ordnance (UXO)

If you have found UXO or if this is an emergency, call 9-1-1 or your local police immediately.

If you would like additional information on the DND UXO and Legacy Sites Program, please contact us at

Veterans Affairs Canada

General Inquiries:
From Canada: 1-866-522-2122
From the United States: 1-888-996-2242
From the U.K., Germany, France, Belgium: 00-800-996-22421

A number of services are offered by Veterans Affairs Canada

  • Health and well-being
  • After an illness or Injury
  • Financial Support
  • Transition to civilian life
  • Reviews and Appeals
  • Support to families
  • Homelessness
  • Resources

If you are a DND employee or a CAF member and you've become aware of wrongdoing, you have a responsibility to report that wrongdoing under the PSDPA or the Canadian Forces Disclosure Process: Report a Wrongdoing.

If you are subjected to any form of reprisal for having come forward in good faith to report a wrongdoing, email or call the Internal Disclosure Office:

  • Hotline in North America: 1-866-236-4445
  • Email
Write to the Troops

The men and women of the Canadian Forces have demonstrated time and again that they will rise to any challenge. Let your Canadian Forces members know you appreciate their service by sending a message using this monitored message board.

Public Inquiries

Mailing address:

Assistant Deputy Minister (Public Affairs)
Department of National Defence
National Defence Headquarters
Major-General George R. Pearkes Building
101 Colonel By Drive Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1A 0K2


Phone: 613-995-2534 / Toll free: 1-888-995-2534

TTY and/or TDD *: 1-800-467-9877 

* A TTY --or Teletypewriter, also known as a TDD or Telecommunications device for the deaf-- is a special device that lets people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech-impaired use the telephone to communicate, by allowing them to type messages back and forth to one another instead of talking and listening. A TTY is required at both ends of the conversation in order to communicate.

Date modified: