CSOR understands that fighting readiness relies on its families' readiness. We consider our members and their families to be part of the same extended regimental family and there are a number of family-oriented activities throughout the year to engender a sense of community, including a Regimental Family Day.
Whether you are single, married with children, or a service spouse, the Garrison Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (MFRC) is partnered with CSOR to provide a variety of programs and services in English and French to meet the needs of you and your family.
Finding the right childcare to meet your family's needs can be a challenge, especially in a new community. If you would like to discuss the childcare options available in our area or would like to pre-register a child, please do not hesitate to contact the MFRC.
Where is Petawawa?
Located at Garrison Petawawa in the beautiful Ottawa Valley, CSOR personnel and their families have ready access to outdoor recreation (camping, kayaking, fishing, hiking, running, cross country skiing, cycling, mountain biking…), while being relatively close (150 km) to Ottawa and the amenities of a large city. Petawawa is also close to the towns of Pembroke (15 km) and Deep River (25 km), where there are additional recreation, entertainment, shopping and dining opportunities.
Living in Ontario
Some quick facts:
- You can use your valid driver's license from another province for 60 days. You must register your vehicle within 30 days (make sure to have your birth certificate and - if it applies - a copy of your marriage certificate).
- Ontario Health Insurance (OHIP) cards are required by non-military spouses and children.
- Children start Junior Kindergarten at age four.
- High School ends at Grade 12 and students must complete 40 hours of volunteer work to get a high school diploma.
- Current immunization records are required for children's school enrolment.