Operational readiness starts with fit and healthy personnel
Want Top Performance? Go for Top Fuel!
- Does your job require you to be focused and alert?
- Are you assigned to a demanding exercise?
- Are you training for a fitness standard or competition?
- Do you want to improve your health and physical performance?
What you eats makes a difference!
Top Fuel for Top Performance workshops will provide you with knowledge and practical tips to tune-up your food choices.
Four workshops offered
Workshop 1: Top Fuel 101
- Evaluate your eating pattern.
- Learn about major classes of nutrients your body needs.
- Determine your daily energy needs.
- Plan meals and snacks to meet your requirements.
Workshop 2: Fine Tuning Eating
- Learn to read food labels to make better choices.
- Get the low-down on fats, fibre, sugar and sodium.
- Plan healthy meals at home or away.
- Learn to set goals that you can keep.
Workshop 3: Fuel for Training and Recovery
- Learn about the benefits of proper hydration techniques.
- Get the facts on what you need to eat and drink before, during and after physical activity.
- Plan and prepare for training and competition.
Workshop 4: Body Composition and Sport Supplements
- Learn how to adjust your eating and exercise to lose weight or bulk up.
- Uncover the myths and facts about supplements and sport foods.
- Understand how nutritional and dietary supplements are regulated.
- Know what to consider before taking a supplement.
Top Fuel for Top Performance Program was developed by CF Health Services, Directorate of Force Health Protection as part of Strengthening the Forces (STF) health promotion programs for the CF.
For more information, contact your local (STF) health promotion office.