Canadian soldier killed in Mushan region
One Canadian soldier was killed March 2, when his armoured vehicle hit a suspected improvised explosive device (IED) in the Mushan region, located in the District of Panjawayi, 45 km West of Kandahar City.
Trooper Michael Yuki Hayakaze, 25, Lord Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians), based out of Edmonton, Alberta.
Tpr Hayakaze was immediately evacuated from the scene by helicopter, but later succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead upon his arrival at the Multinational Medical Unit at Kandahar Airfield. His vehicle was part of a routine patrol during the time of the incident.
- Canadian soldier killed in Mushan region
- Individual or person?
- Who says learning a second language is hard?
- Strong women, strong world
- Ethically, what would you do?
- The Shoot House
- In memory of his father
- The RMC Museum in Kingston, a priceless gem!
- Shoes for Afghan children
- Maple leaf snippets...
- The skirt will stay if CF women have their way