CF soldier dies in Edmonton hospital
Corporal Darren James Fitzpatrick died at the University of Alberta Hospital March 20 from wounds he sustained in Afghanistan.
Cpl Fitzpatrick, from 3rd Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry based in Edmonton, was serving with the Operational Mentor Liaison Team. He was critically wounded March 6 when an IED exploded close to his dismounted patrol in Zhari District, about 25 km west of Kandahar City.
He was treated at the Role 3 Multinational Medical Unit at Kandahar Airfield, moved to the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany and from there transferred to the University of Alberta Hospital March 5.
- DND re-commits to acquiring close combat vehicles
- CF soldier dies in Edmonton hospital
- At the crossroads of destiny
- ‘Mountains, sky scrapers and trains: Oh, my!’
- CF highlighted at citizenship ceremonies
- Preparing for CF computer network operations
- PEI Regt Museum preserves First World War flags
- Ranger receives honour from Governor General
- Soldiers, cadets train together
- Op PODIUM theatre deactivation
- The Sea King’s not done yet
- Ethically, what would you do?
- Remembering Michelle Lang